Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yesterday while debating the 9th Malaysia Plan among other matters i raised was the fact that the Indian equity stake had dropped from 1.5% to 1.2% and the delay in enhencing the equity stake to 3% by 2020 and not as promised by year 2010 by the government.

I was asked as to why I was only blaming the Governments failure in uplifiting the Indian equity participation. To this I retorted that Dato Samy is one the richest man among the Indian community in Malaysia. I also stated that from a letter addressed to the Prime Minister and a copy which was exteded to me it stated the properties of the Minister which are all kept in the Ministers “isteri simpinan”. This is when he BN MP’s started hurling abuses when I mentioned the allege properties Samy is connected to which are a RM5 million house in Ipoh, a public hall in Sg.Siput worth 6million, and a church valued at RM3.8 million at First Garden in Ipoh.

To day Dato Samy attended parliament. He normally speaks to me but today he refused even to see me while I was in the house. I was hopping he will clear the air by making a statement in the house as provided for under the Parliament Standing Orders.

But when he step out of the House the jouranilist were prevented from putting any questions by his political secretaty on the above allegation to Samy.

One journalist even was warned that if she write any thing about the above, a defamation suite would be filed. The political secretary proudly asserted that yesterdays fiasco was not reported in any of the local press as he had phoned and warned the editors of the severe consequence if they disobeyd. In any case all the 3 night Chinese press yesterday TV3 carried the news.

Are Ministers above the law? Has Samy declared to the Prime Minister as regards his material assets as required? Will the ACA take necessary action?

M.Kula
Y.B.Ipoh Barat

No comments:

Post a Comment